Tuesday, April 6, 2010

upcoming fun!

wow, it's been forever since I posted on this blog. I have just been l-i-v-i-n
livin! When I was last on here, I had just gotten the expander. Since then I have finished herceptin. No infusions since January, woo hoo. Supposedly, once herceptin is done my hair is supposed to grow a bit faster. It's certainly poofy. I am in the inbetween stage of deciding whether to grow it or chop it all off again. I was kinda liking it super short - so easy to take care of. Mike, of course, would like it to be long again. We'll compromise and go for chin length, maybe:)

Anyway, next Friday, April 16th, is my implant surgery - yay for new boobies! My pre-op appt was Monday and here's the scoop:

It was pretty much the same as my expander pre-op. No ibuprofen, vitamin E, or Omega 3s 2 weeks before surgery. No eating after midnight. No lifting heavy items for 2 weeks after surgery; bed rest for 48 hours after. Sponge baths only the week after - blech! However, I will be going home the same day and I can lift my arms above my head - yay! She's gonna take my port out during surgery, which is nice. She can't guarantee me absolute symmetry and she hopes I'll be okay if my boobs are higher and bigger than they were before - ha ha ha! I assured her I am perfectly okay with perky ones!

Hope all is well with you, dear readers!

No comments: