Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm back!!

Hey all,

the surgery on Tuesday went really well. They found no cancer in the lymph nodes they took out. I will find out the final pathology on the 29th.

Since you're probably wondering what Righty looks like, I'll tell you. She's deflated, kind of like an underdone pancake. have to call and make an appointment with the plastic surgeon to see when they can start reconstruction, but if I have to stick in a cutlet for a while that's fine.
Amazingly enough, losing this boob hasn't bothered me. It's an interesting specimen now. I've been cleaning my drains myself and have almost normal use of my right arm. Doing the exercises really helps. I can't lift Connor, but so far that's the only downside to this experience, as yet. Percocet is lovely, but I am mostly relying on ibuprofen. My pain level is pretty minimal except when Connor accidentally elbows me or the cat jumps on me.
I am trying to take it as easy as possible, the snow actually helps since I can't go anywhere.
I feel like I could go into work right now for 8hrs, but I promised I'd slow down a bit.

Anyway, I'll continue to keep you all posted. If I don't see you, have great holiday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it all went well! See you soon!

Tracy said...

Yay for you! I have been checking and wondering how you are doing. Keep up your spirits and take it easy-no really! Relax and let people take care of you